Hazwoper 24-Hour Training
We proudly partner with our OSHA-Authorized partner, Safety Unlimited for OSHA Outreach Training and online courses.
The HAZWOPER training program was developed by OSHA to protect workers at hazardous sites. The extensive regulations ensure workers’ safety and health when understood and followed.
The HAZWOPER 24-hour is required for employees attending an Uncontrolled Hazardous Waste Operation mandated by the Government.
Hazwoper-24 covers extensive issues concerning hazard recognition at work sites. Hazwoper training was designed by OSHA to protect the workers operating hazardous sites. Extensive regulations were devised to ensure their safety and health. This course, while identifying different types of hazards, also advises precautions and protective measures to reduce or eliminate hazards at the workplace.
Workers need to obtain 24 hours of initial training and one day of supervised field experience before they are allowed to enter the site.
The 24 hours of Hazwoper training are all available online! The one-day field experience under a trained, seasoned supervisor is the responsibility of the registrant’s employer or potential employer.
- Understand the purpose of OSHA and its role in regulating occupational safety
- Use Site Characterization to identify potential problems in your workplace and the measures that can be implemented to eliminate hazards
- Recognize hazardous materials in the workplace and the possible methods, symptoms and preventative measures of exposure
- Encourage the use of Material Safety Data sheets (MSDS) to identify and correctly handle hazardous materials
- Become familiar with materials, compounds and mixtures that may present flammable, explosive, chemical or radiological hazards
- Articulate the importance of personal protective equipment to limit hazardous exposure
- Establish an effective Site Control Program to reduce the risk of exposure to only those working in the hazardous work zone
- Implement procedures for treating workers in the event of hazardous exposure
Online Course Features
With the Compliance Edge, take the entirety of the Hazwoper training online, at your convenience! All module quizzes require a score of 70 to proceed forward in the course. The final exam also requires a minimum score of 70 to receive a certificate of completion. The final exam may be taken three times if necessary.