Hazwoper 8-Hour Refresher
We proudly partner with our OSHA-Authorized partner, AdvanceOnline Solutions for OSHA Outreach Training and online courses.
The HAZWOPER training program was developed by OSHA to protect workers at hazardous sites. The extensive regulations ensure workers’ safety and health when understood and followed.
The Hazwoper Refresher course is for general site workers who remove hazardous waste or who are presented or potentially exposed to hazardous substances/health hazards. Additionally, workers can receive more extensive training with the 24 and/or 40 hour training.
The Refresher course is available for those who have already completed the 40-hour or 24-hour HAZWOPER training.
- Comprehend OSHA regulations and requirements
- Summarize Site Characterization
- Understand the principles of toxicology and how they relate to various types of chemical exposures
- Characterize potentially hazardous situations involving corrosives, solvents, oxidizers, and reactive chemicals
- Identify the uses for Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and how to choose the correct PPE
- Recognize and comprehend the principles of decontamination as well as levels of decontamination and methods
- Understand the confined space permit system; be able to identify the main confined space atmospheric hazards, types of ventilation, and gain an overall understanding of medical concerns associated with confined spaces
- Recognize and react accordingly to the various considerations in an emergency situation and the importance of training and actions to personal safety and the safety of others
Online Course Features
- OSHA 29 CFR 1910.120 compliant
- 8 hours annual refresher training written by industry expert trainers!
- 15 customized activities; 4 types: True/False, Multiple Choice, Drop Down, Drag & Drop
- 11 Knowledge Checks, 5 questions each; un-graded, self-paced
- 7 videos
- 9 Lesson Quizzes, 10 questions each; 70% pass rate
- 1 Final Exam, 50 questions; 70% pass rate