OSHA 10 Hour Construction Intro
We proudly partner with our OSHA-Authorized partner, AdvanceOnline Solutions for OSHA Outreach Training and online courses.
Reduce lost-time injuries by up to 66% by training workers or contractors with the OSHA Outreach Program for Construction. The 10-hour construction safety course is a successful online training program. Provide your workforce with instruction in a variety of general construction safety and health standards. As an OSHA 10-hour course, recipients are required to spend a minimum of 10-hours in online training.
Construction workers, supervisors, and any party planning to become involved in the construction industry benefit from OSHA-10. OSHA recommends Outreach Training Program courses as an orientation to occupational safety and health for workers. When specified by OSHA, workers must receive additional training, on the specific hazards of the job which Compliance Edge also offers.
Course topics include: Introduction to OSHA, Struck and Caught Hazards, Electrical Safety, Fall Protection, Ladder Safety, Excavation Safety, Scaffold Safety, Materials Handling, Crane Safety, Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), and Permit-Required Confined Space Entry.
- Explain the importance of OSHA in providing a safe and healthful workplace to workers covered by OSHA
- Identify struck-by and caught-in or caught-between hazards associated with serious construction-related injuries
- Identify safe work practices around electricity, including understanding electrical terms, basic electrical safety principles, and regulations that pertain to electrical safety
- Understand the dangers involved in excavations and how to take responsibility and work safely around trenches and excavations
- Know types of fall hazards and how to prevent falls in your work environment by using appropriate fall protection
- Identify the crane safety requirements for the construction industry, and explain how to avoid accidents and identify hazards when working on or around cranes
- Understand ladder hazards and ladder-related injuries and how to select, inspect, and maintain ladders
- Properly use, maintain, store, and dispose of materials including safe operation of cranes, rigging, and mechanical equipment
- Identify a confined space, its hazards, requirements for confined spaces as listed under the Permit-Required Confined Spaces Standard, and duties and responsibilities of confined space workers
- Select a variety of PPE based on a workplace evaluation and types of hazards
- Recognize types of scaffolds and how to safely use them
- The rules of OSHA limit all OSHA Outreach Training (classroom and online) to a maximum of 7.5 hours of daily training. Therefore, the OSHA 30-Hour must be taken over a minimum of two days.
This course addresses regulations listed in OSHA 29 CFR 1926.
IACET Continuing Education Units
AdvanceOnline Solutions is authorized by IACET to offer 1.0 CEUs for this program.
Online Course Features
- Easy navigation
- Supplementary material
- Links to regulations
- Real-world scenarios
- Objective-based exams
- Continuing Education Units